Salamander grill is the highlight of any professional cuisine: a distinctive feature of this type of equipment is the ability to give the dish a golden crust, to keep the product warm, and the ability to quickly heat up (you can heat cooked food, packaged on plates). Unlike conventional grills, the heating elements are located not under the product, but over (in the upper part of the apparatus), as a result of which roasting is not baked. This principle of operation is ideal for making julienne, hot sandwiches, heating frozen semi-finished products, and for meat and fish dishes – the product is baked on a wire rack without using oil. Slow and uniform baking provides a rich taste and preservation of all healthy vitamins and minerals. These grills are non-contact type of heating devices. The salamander has a rectangular or square case, in the upper and sometimes in the lower part of which there are infrared (or other) heating elements. At the bottom of the cooking in the salamander are grids (usually fixed) for placing food. The heating temperature is controlled mechanically, by increasing or decreasing the distance between the upper and lower horizontal plane. That is, the heating element may be closer or further from the baked dishes. The device must be equipped with a drip tray. Operation can be monitored using an indicator. The working temperature of the grill is from 50 to 300 degrees.
Salamander grill is required in catering establishments to facilitate and speed up cooking. The grill is also used to heat ready meals, prepare hot sandwiches, as well as for the convenience of baking various products. The grill bakes food evenly over the entire surface. The main purpose of the grill is tinting and preparing various dishes, as well as dishes with cheese, creating a golden brown. The upper part of the grill is mobile, which allows you to cook foods of different sizes. Case – stainless steel. The grill is equipped with a removable tray for collecting fat.
How to choose a salamander grill:
• Salamander grills are of two types of execution – with a movable upper part, and stationary (motionless). The movable upper part makes it possible to finely control the degree of heating and baking of the product.
• Salamander grills are also classified according to the number of heating zones – 1, 2, 3 (most often they are found with one or two), each of which has an autonomous temperature controller placed on the front panel. Two heating zones allow you to cook several products with different heat treatment parameters, which is very convenient in catering establishments with a large number of seats.
According to the type of heating elements, this equipment is divided into categories– with tubular type heating elements (TENs), with infrared heaters and gas salamander.
– Electric salamander with infrared heaters – one of the most practical devices of this type, characterized by the speed of cooking. During their operation, the air in the room practically does not heat up. Salamander with infrared heating – increased intensity of heating of the product and, as a result, the number of cooked dishes increases.
– Electric – equipped with heating elements. They are installed in professional kitchens of cafes and restaurants. With their help, bake meat, fish, poultry, rolls, vegetables. Also, grills are used to heat dishes. Grills with heating elements are distinguished by a lower price, and ease of maintenance;
– Gas – working from a gas cylinder and from natural gas. They have from one to six burners .. The main advantage of models using gas for heating is high productivity and quality of finished products.
CustomHeat flagship overview:
The Salamander SLE electric grill is ideal for frying, heating, heating and, of course, baking in a professional kitchen. Temperature conditions are possible from 0 0С to 400 + 0С; Smooth adjustment – in the SLG model provide a convenient choice of the desired temperature for each of the heating elements located in the upper part of the grills. The choice of one of three possible options for the position of the shelf is provided by a convenient lever. The removable tray at the bottom of the grill serves to collect the fat and juice of cooked foods. The grill housing is made of AISI 430, the removable grilles and the grease tray are made of stainless steel of the AISI 304 brand. Height-adjustable legs are included in the basic package.